Thanks for your answers, they have put me def in the right direction.

What i have tried since: (i have one pin for all limit and home switches)

modified the .ini file to:

[AXIS_0]
TYPE = LINEAR
HOME = 10.0
MAX_VELOCITY = 10.0
MAX_ACCELERATION = 50.0
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 62.5
SCALE = 533.333333333
FERROR = 1
MIN_FERROR = .25
MIN_LIMIT = 0.0
MAX_LIMIT = 300.0
HOME_OFFSET = 0.000000
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = -2.000000
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -0.937500
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES
HOME_SEQUENCE = 0
HOME_IS_SHARED = 1

... same for axis 1 and 2

and modified the .hal file to

net all-homes-and-limits <= parport.0.pin-13-in

setp stepgen.0.position-scale [AXIS_0]SCALE
setp stepgen.0.steplen 1
setp stepgen.0.stepspace 0
setp stepgen.0.dirhold 35000
setp stepgen.0.dirsetup 35000
setp stepgen.0.maxaccel [AXIS_0]STEPGEN_MAXACCEL
net xpos-cmd axis.0.motor-pos-cmd => stepgen.0.position-cmd
net xpos-fb stepgen.0.position-fb => axis.0.motor-pos-fb
net xstep <= stepgen.0.step
net xdir <= stepgen.0.dir
net xenable axis.0.amp-enable-out => stepgen.0.enable
net all-homes-and-limits => axis.0.home-sw-in
net all-homes-and-limits => axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in
net all-homes-and-limits => axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in

 ...same for axis 1 and 2

but when i try homing i get an joint 1 on limit switch error....

it seems to me that the "Ignore limits =yes" in the ini file only ignores the
limit switch signal for the respective axis but still tracks the other axis,
although they are not active....

Did i make any obvious mistake, or is there a way to ignore also the other
limit switches during homing?

Thanks
Nik

P.S.: I have attached the ini and the hal file if there should be a bug
elsewhere...

> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 17:51:29 +0200
> From: esla...@gmail.com
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] pin configuration for diy xyz stepper controller
>
> Andy Pugh pravi:
> > ie, assuming that Pin 11 is the "all limits and all homes" pin then
> > set it to be the combined pin for the X axis and then edit the hal
> > file to combine all the axes on one pin.
> > Something like:
> > net all-homes-and-limits  parport.0.pin-11-in-not => axis.0.home-sw-in
> > axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in axis.1.home-sw-in
> > axis.1.neg-lim-sw-in axis.1.pos-lim-sw-in axis.2.home-sw-in
> > axis.2.neg-lim-sw-in axis.2.pos-lim-sw-in
> > (All on one line, ignore any spurious line wrapping).
> >
> > You will need so assign a home sequence number to each axis so they
> > can home one at a time or EMC won't know which one has hit a limit.
> > Note also that this might not actually work, I have not tried it. You
> > might need to use some slightly more clever logic (AND functions or
> > similar) to prevent inactive axes faulting when another homes. However
> > I think that limits should be disabled during homing by default
> >
> Nope. Isnt' dissabled.
> You must add in ini file under AXES section (for each axis separate)
> HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =             YES
> 'it's in documentation but I still lost near hour why doesn't work
>
> Slavko.

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1004xSkyDrive2_WW
Ihre Daten brauchen Platz? SkyDrive gibt Ihnen 25 GB - gratis!