>> I would like to do it without any additional cost and in EMC
>> so that i can use my current CAM application, so that is why i was
>> asking, if someone has managed to implement preprocessor for EMC that
>> does tangential control.
>
> I fully understand. Apart from the monetary cost of buying another
> package you then need to spend time and effort learning how to use it.

Yes, You got the point very precisely. Plus i would like to mention,
that my programm - Wrykrys - is made specifically for
waterjet/plasma/laser cutting and has some very cool features; for
example - cutting only piercing points, which is crucial for cutting
brittle materials, easy switching the side of compensation (side of
the line, on which the tool goes and the amount of tool (width of
water jet kerf in this case) compensation) and few more, about which i
am not sure that they are present in SheetCAM. SheetCAM seems to be
first of all CAM for milling, which is adapted for
waterjet/plasma/laser cutting - it seems to have limited options with
lead-in/lead-out moves, which are very well-developed in my software.

>> No, that point will move, if the head rotates around C and the head is
>> tilted around B axis.
>> I believe that some additional work with kinematics module will solve
>> this issue and EMC will calculate all the necessary compensating moves
>>

> Theoretically you should be able to do it all with kinematics but it
> could be tricky to implement. You would have two options:
> 1) As you suggested, set B to the kerf angle then rotate C to be
> tangential to the cut path
> 2) Have A as tilt left/right and B as tilt front/back then use
> kinematics to operate both axes as you cut. The kinematics would have to
> offset X and Y as it tilts A and B. This would be a variation on the
> standard 5 axis kinematics.

I certainly would choose second option, because it would not rotate
cutting head and thus does not require any kind of solution, how to
deal with the rotating movement in high pressure tubing. cheapest
swivel i have found cost 970 EUR, KMT swivels cost 1300 EUR. I am left
only with bulky spirals of the tubing which also would cost me more
than all the remaining parts of the project together, because inviting
technicians, that can create them, would cost me at least 600-700 EUR
plus cost of tube itself, which is ~40 EUR/m. driving myself to them
would be cheaper, but still costly.
there are 3 reasons, why i have not chosen the second option:
1) by the time i was starting this project, i had no idea, how the
mechanical solution should be created - how it should be built.
now i have understood, that i can simple turn this assembly itself
around B axis so that C becomes A and i have, what i needed.
2) first option allow tilting angles close to 70-80 degrees, so all
the potential of 5 axis waterjet cutting can be realised on the
machine side, affordable CAM programm is the biggest problem, second
option limits tilting angle to 20-25 degrees, but, if i give up all
the spirals in high pressure tubing and stay with traditional tubing
solution, i have 10-12 degrees of tilt available. fortunately, it is
still completely sufficient for taper compensation
3) i do not understand, how can i make the second option work from
g-code and CAM software side :) with first option i have 2 theoretical
solutions - either preprocessor in EMC or postprocessor in SheetCAM or
even my existing CAM programm (today i wrote them to ask, if that is
possible, they did not say "no", i have to provide more details).
Is it possible to have G-code for B-C setup and have A-B setup on
machine and have the custom kinematics module to "connect" them
together?

>> My apologies, i do not completely understand, what did You mean by
>> this question :)
>>

> If you are using scheme 1 above you need a joint on the nozzle that can
> handle rotation as the C axis rotates. A rotary joint then can handle
> waterjet pressures is likely to be very expensive. I suppose you could
> mount the nozzle assembly in a bearing so the nozzle itself does not rotate.

I have already built cutting head assembly with B and C axes. total
cost for materials - few small metal sheets, profiles and conical
bearings -  as well as milling and lathing shafts has been around 100
LVL, which is approximately 140 EUR or 210 USD.
This is exclusively DIY project on mechanical part, because it goes
together with switching from DOS-based controls to EMC :))

So i have started thinking that i would like to rebuild the assembly
to a A-B setup, if only i can get a working solution for G-code
generation and/or transformation for this setup to work. actually it
would save me a lot of money.

Actually i have one more question - can anyone share a sample g-code
before and after inserting C rotation for tangential tool
control?

Viesturs