Can You explain the reason, why would You want to do it this way? I
think that such approach is breaking machine, it creates unnecesary
loads and stresses to the construction of machine and simple switches
are cheap and wiring them is easy. I think that it is trying to
reinvent the wheel in some painful way.
No offense, just my personal opinion :))

Viesturs