Ian W. Wright wrote:
> If you decide to go with Gmail, you can have Thunderbird see
> it as just another mail account
Well, the original problem was that Thunderbird wasn't working without
HUGE pauses in operation.  But, now that I've build a new profile, it is
back to working fine.  So, I think I will just stay with my own SMTP
server and Thunderbird.  Sometime I will have to try out some of the
other suggestions.

Jon