On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 09:31:56AM +0200, Jan de Kruyf wrote:
> hahahahaha:
>
> http://tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/foreward.html

The guff from freedesktop.org still looks like an April fool's joke to
me, because once another partition is mounted as /usr, then the kernel
isn't goung to let on to some fool app how it's made part of the
filesystem. Reads and writes should look identical to the app making the
system calls.

So long as systemd, or any other init substitute, only accesses /usr
after it is mounted, then it won't know what partition it's in, AIUI.

> So guess which distributions are not even LINUX. Nevermind Unix.
>
> Regards to all of you, let me go back to hybernation. (and Debian)

It's a good place to be. Even if the guff from freedesktop.org is hokum,
you're protected against offerings like NetworkManager, creeping "Do Not
Edit" config files, and other unwelcome "innovations".

Happy hibernation,

Erik

--
The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its capacity
-- the rest is overhead for the operating system.