I am in the process of setting up classic-ladder for the tool-changer on my
Hitachi-Seiki NH500 Turret lathe.  I am using a mesa 5i20 card for inputs and
opto22 relays.  For each tool position it uses a combination of inputs from six
switches that follow 6 cams on a drum to dictate position input.    The tool
change process consists of:
1. The carriage extending to unlock with a solenoid.
2. Tool changer initializing solenoid for hydraulic motor rotating clockwise to
switch combination for tool position
3.  Once in position de-energize solenoid for rotation and return to locked
state (also designated by switches.)
4.  Depending on if it is an ID or OD tool position an auxiliary function would
be then required to extend the ID tool if it is called.

Does this make sense to anyone?  Has anyone used this type of classic-ladder
program for their tool-changer?  Does anyone have an .clp program that would
illustrate how to go about this so I can get an idea of how to go about it? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

clint

database 6212 (20110615) __________

http://www.eset.com