On Tuesday, December 27, 2011 05:35:46 PM Dave Caroline did opine:

> > Its a 10" Dewalt, decent shape, runs fine & smooth but probably 35 YO,
> > somebody make me an offer and help me carry it to your vehicle,
> > please!
>
> I used one of the DeWalt over arm saws way back in the early 1970's
> post it to me for free (UK) :)

Sorry Dave, local pickup only.

> Last time I looked they dont seem to be making them anymore.

The original people to build it are still advertising in our wood rags on
this side of the pond, but I've not seen anybody else for quite a while.

> I used to cut aluminium section for lorry tipper bodies with it. It
> was noisy, probably the cause of my tinnitus.

Definitely could be a factor.  :(

> Occasionally would throw metal a hundred yards, somehow I still have
> all my fingers.

I've had the table saw throw it harder.  Unforch, I was in the way, took
about 6 weeks to lighten up the color of the bruises on my ribs too. 1x4, 2
feet long.  That was the day I tossed the worthless blade guard in the bin,
and ordered 2 different thickness of the "shark fin".  Now that is the cats
meow.  I left a 2" wide piece of wood laying between the blade and the
fence just to see if it would ever catch and throw.  5 minutes later it was
still sitting there so I took a stick and pushed it on by, no problem.

Its a hair fussy to adjust but when you have it, you have it unless you
switch blades to a thinner or thicker kerf version.  No table saw is
complete until it has one of those.

> Dave Caroline

Cheers, Gene
Hire the morally handicapped.