On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Chris Radek <ch...@timeguy.com> wrote:

> In the spring of 2011, the LinuxCNC Board of Directors was contacted
> by a law firm representing EMC Corporation (www.emc.com) about the use
> of "EMC" and "EMC2" to identify the software offered on linuxcnc.org.
> EMC Corporation has registered various trademarks relating to EMC and
> EMC^2 (EMC with superscripted numeral two).
>
> After a number of conversations with the representative of EMC
> Corporation, the final result is that, starting with the next major
> release of the software, linuxcnc.org will stop identifying the
> software using "emc" or "EMC", or those terms followed by digits.

Since the EMC  corporation is taking over the web links to EMC(2)?, are
they going to extend us the courtesy of linking to LinuxCNC, in the
customary form "we are EMC but if you are looking for CNC it's at
LinuxCNC"? It'll be confusing if they didn't---right now, googling 'emc
cnc' returns links to linuxCNC, and even 'emc' returns links to us on the
first page. Did they commit to anything like that?