2012/3/8 charles green <xxzzb...@yahoo.com>:
>> It's true if all you want is a machine controller and
>> nothing else.
>
> so, again, strictly in the capacity of a machine controller, turbo cnc vs
> linuxcnc, the comparison and contrast results are what?  have you a basis for
> comparison?  do not limit your scrutiny of the finest details.

LinuxCNC runs on realtime kernel, but I have not heard about realtime DOS.
IMHO software-generated step/dir signal requires the CNC application
to run in realtime for a reliable and safe operation.

Although I compared LinuxCNC and Mach, You might be interested in
reading my post here:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/1046479-post76.html

I think that most of the arguments apply also here.

Viesturs