On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 15:52 -0700, Terry Christophersen wrote:
> You could just do this:
> Put a M00 on the line right before the TxM6 line.
> When the machine stops at the M00 hit the esc key
> Now jog around,change tools and touch off.  reload the tool table.
> I will assume that you are using AXIS so now right click on the
> TxM6 line and it will start from there.
>
> I dont think all that other stuff of windows popping up and answering
> questions would be easier than what I just described.
>
> Terry

I'm using the skeleton.ngc file to test with:
http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=blob;f=nc_files/skeleton.ngc;h=1c29ef229834b2b5f7c03faaa86d7d0d1a19ecac;hb=HEAD

it has the the M00 pauses and when I hit Esc, it exits the current
program run, so I would need to do a run from line (as I see you
mentioned above) on a new program run in order to "resume". If I had
several tool changes to do, this could get tricky, especially after
working twelve hour shifts, six days a week for three months (been
there) or after doing nothing on any CNC for several months and getting
a rush job (done that). Your method seems reasonable, but I'll need to
play with it some more to get a better understanding of how well it
works with different situations such as with conditional codes and other
"run from line" problems. Thanks for the tip Terry.

I think Jon mentioned he just breaks his code into a separate file for
each tool.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html