On 19 March 2012 02:17, Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net> wrote:

> Effectively LinuxCNC only looks ahead one line.

This rather depends on what you mean by "Look Ahead".

One decision that I think might adversely affect LinuxCNC is that as
far as I know LinuxCNC will always move in such a way as to be able to
stop before the end of the next program line. For programs made of
very small linear moves this means that the traverse speed can end up
being very much reduced.

I think that if this is actually the case it would make more sense to
set a lower limit on this distance (INI file setting?) so that the
motion system would guarantee stopping in the next program line or
(for example) 0.01"

Of course, I haven't checked the code, and I might be barking up
entirely the wrong tree here.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.