On Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:19:00 AM Adrian Carter did opine:

> Gene,
> Sorry to hear of the issues you had! I have been away from email today,
> so only just catching up - but glad to hear you got it sorted out in
> the end.
>
> Regards
>
> Adrian

Ahh, the ghost re-appears!  :)

Yes, I think I have that problem solved but will need to get used to the
function button, the +- and '||<' and '>||' marked buttons seem to be
swapped now.

But I bought a SanDisk 4Gb SD card for it last night, and which causes it
to freeze up when one of those functions is selected, power switch seems to
be the only 'get out' method.  I now have that card plugged into my
reader/writer, one of those that has a socket for any form factor from CF
down to microsd, and its not accessible there either.  The card interface
turns on its device present led, but that is about it.

Any clues on this?

Thanks Adrian.

Cheers, Gene
Refreshed by a brief blackout, I got to my feet and went next door.
-- Martin Amis, _Money_