On Friday 08 February 2013 06:21:44 Mark Wendt did opine:
Message additions Copyright Friday 08 February 2013 by Gene Heskett

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:53 AM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> >> Gene,
> >>
> >> Are you sure it's a grease zerk fitting and not an oiler zerk
> >> fitting?
> >>
> >> Mark
> >
> > If there is a diff, where can I get the oiler to fit it.  In 78 years,
> > I've not seen such a device on this side of the pond,
> >
> > Not saying there isn't one though.  This has the usual top closure of
> > a small spring loaded ball in the tip to keep the dirt out just like
> > a std zerk.  The oil cups generally have a spring loaded flip top lid
> > and have to face up to be useful.
> >
> > Thanks Mark.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Gene,
>
> Yah, there is a diff between the two.  I recently saw a link on the
> Practical Machinist forum for a rather nice oil gun that was also
> relatively inexpensive.  The oil zerks look quite similar to the
> grease zerks, but a regular grease gun doesn't seem to fit them very
> well.
>
> I'll dig around and see if I can find the link to that oil gun the
> fella posted when I get a chance later this morning.
>
> Mark

Thanks Mark.

Cheers, Gene
My views
It is easier to make a saint out of a libertine than out of a prig.
                -- George Santayana
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...