On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Pete Matos <petefro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wrong....guess again.   There are already much more than a few charging
> stations built and many more on the way.  Nevermind the cars are now
> getting around 250 miles to the charge some even more than that.  For all
> the doubters,  just wait it is coming. The electric vehicle revolution is
> coming and some would say it is already here.  If you don't think so you
> really need to crawl out from under your rock LOL....  when Captains of
> industry and the automotive world are betting hundreds of millions of
> dollars on it as being the future of the automobile what more is there to
> say. Besides if you do live in the winters of Montana well, I feel sorry
> for you LOL.....I HATE the cold.....peace

Take a look at the map at carstations.com.  Most all the stations are
located around urban areas.  Now look at said wilderness of Montana, and
other areas in the US that are outside of urban areas.

Electric cars are probably fine for city commuters.  On the open highway,
not so much.

Captains of the industry are not betting big dollars on the electric cars.
The government is, and we all know how well they do venture capitalism.
Electric car companies are dying all over the place, and the sales of
electric cars by even the major manufacturers are falling off the cliff.

You also didn't refute the recharge time.  What's the typical recharge time
for one of those all-electric vehicles?  Can you recharge it as quickly as
I can fill up my 26 gallon tank on my pickup truck?

The hybrids, IMHO, are a much better idea.  At least they can have the
batteries recharge by the gas motor on board.

Mark