I need help to get me started on this.
The winch is to drop and raise a chandelier for the local high school doing
Phantom of the opera, I am building the chandelier and would like to build the
winch also.
The chandelier I'm guessing will weight 200 pound and the winch can be 120 volts
I would like to drop, free fall the chandelier 16 to 25 feet then in the last
foot or so arrest its fall so it crumples on the stage without actually
crashing into the stage floor, then raise it back up slowly.
I'm thinking I could just attach a spool to a servo motor and unwind the cable
really fast, some question I have would be what motor, how do I size the motor,
what controller that's easy to program, how do you guarantee the cable does not
get tangled up, how do you make the cable wind up side to side on the spool.
Any help or ideas I can get on this project or if you can point me where i can
go to learn or get help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bruce