Bruce,

Here is a link to light sequencing and DMX decoding using an Arduino:
http://makezine.com/2011/11/01/light-sequencing-and-decoding-dmx-with-an-ard
uino/

I personally do not know much about theater lighting but thought this might
be of interest. If you are located in the US, the Arduino and various
companion modules are available through Radioshack.

Regards,
Eric

I need help

First let me say i know zero about controllers.

I am building the chandelier for the high schools performance of Phantom of
the Opera.
I need to remotely control the lights, two actuators and some spark
emitters.
The chandelier will sit on the stage all crumpled up as the play starts it
will slowly raise and the lights will flicker and all come to life as the
chandelier reaches is apex.
Later in the play we will lower the chandelier a few feet and shake it with
the actuators, flicker some of the lights and set off the spark emitters.

Everything need to run off a 12 volt battery.
There are:
 48 LED globes.
Some types of spark emitters, not sure what I am using yet, don't want to
set of the smoke alarms Some type of linear actuator to pull two tiers of
the chandelier together to shake it. Open to suggestions.
Run everything but the winch, remotely.

I'm told I need a pic controller for this and the engineer where I work says
he'll put it all together and program it, but I need to find it and buy it
first.

Any help I can get on this will be greatly appreciated.
Bruce

October Webinars: Code for Performance
Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most
from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and
register >