On Saturday 14 September 2013 09:49:31 Kent Reed did opine:

> Gentle persons:
>
> Take a gander at
> http://hackaday.com/2013/09/13/designspark-mechanical-the-gift-of-invent
> ion/
>
> looks like SketchUp may get a run for its money.
>
> Regards,
> Kent

That will not be that hard.  Sketchup seems far more of an architectural
aid than anything else.  Maybe I'm getting too slow in my dotage, but the
interface in Sketchup is not the least bit intuitive to me.  I tried to do
a piece of furniture, spent 2 or 3 days on it, restarted from scratch about
every 30 minutes many times, but gave up when I couldn't find a way to make
all the cross braces the same length.  Screen motions are so gross I
couldn't match within 1/4".  And the undo sucks dead toads thru soda
straws. 5 levels I think.  That will not get you through the first stick.

I assume we'll even have prices on the parts library after Monday?

> PS - I pointed you at Hackaday rather at DesignSpark directly in order
> to give credit where credit is due

Cheers, Gene
My web page: <http://gene.homelinux.net:6309/gene> should be up!

I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in
my body.  Then I realized who was telling me this.
                -- Emo Phillips
         law-abiding citizens.