So far, I have realized a number of mistakes.

#1.  I didn't wax the modeling board the first round, so the silicone
surface is much too porous. Because of this, the surface releases bubbles
during molding process and any residual moisture causes issues as well.

#2.  The back suction action starting at gel?? time has to be considered,
and material in place to handle it.

I built a mold out of delrin for testing, and find that bubbles are far
less a problem, almost non existent with the slow set material.  #1 is
deduced from this, in part.

I still would like to try aluminum, but would have to outsource it.
Firstcut seems pricey,
http://www.firstcut.com/FirstQuote.aspx?p=574441wmiu
http://www.firstcut.com/FirstQuote.aspx?p=574440fsir