Here is a crappy video showing the difference (first run is current TP -
second run is Roberts hard work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUajH5BCOUQ&feature=youtu.be

spiral is made up of short line segments.  The current tp has to be able
to stop by the end of the next segment so it peaks at about 110ipm.  The
new TP can look 40 segments ahead.  (that will be a configurable in the
future..) and peaks at about 410ipm.

Current status as I understand it.

Read ahead works if segment transitions are
-Line-Line
-Tangent line-arc, arc-line
-Tangent arc-arc

Darn impressive.