I spent some time going through the math behind it, and I think blending
between linear moves with ABCUVW motion is feasible, though it will take a
a bunch of new data structures to store a 9D vector.

There are two big challenges to making this work. The first is implementing
a new way to interpolate along a spherical arc (SLERP), since we won't have
a normal vector. The second is that tolerances become very hard to enforce
with rotary movement. A small displacement in an ABC axis can mean a large
tool displacement, and there it would likely be tough to predict this if TP
treats all joints as independent and linear.  Of course, we can simply have
the algorithm abort if we ask for a tolerance, so this isn't a total
deal-breaker.

-Rob