On 2014-04-06 06:37, Bill Brettle wrote:
> Thankyou both
>
> First, the LOW on pin 1 was 0v sorry to muddy the waters.
>
> Second, I corrected the "-out-invert" problem now I get this Error message
> "Debug file information:
> Can not find -sec MOT -var MOT -num 1
> Can not find -sec IO -var IO -num 1
> Can not find -sec LINUXCNC -var NML_FILE -num 1
> Can not find -sec EMC -var NML_FILE -num 1
> BillsMill.hal:24: setp requires 2 arguments, 1 given
This means that you probably did not tell setp what to to set the pin
to. Usuall it will be - setp parport.0.pin-02-out-invert 1

> 6953
>    PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND"
>
> What does all this mean?
>
> Third, I have included the line net
> "Xhome parport.0.pin-10-in=> axis.0.home-sw-in axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in
> axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in"
>
> Is this OK?

Should work ok
> Stepper configuration article says this:
> "### Shared home switches all on one parallel port pin?
> ### that's ok, hook the same signal to all the axes, but be sure to
> ### set HOME_IS_SHARED and HOME_SEQUENCE in the ini file.  See the
> ### user manual!"
>
> Is this necessary ? if so, where and what do I enter in my .ini?
Yes otherwise lcnc does not now how to handle the limits. This is a very
good read.
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini_config.html

Regards /Groete

Marius D. Liebenberg