On Sunday 06 April 2014 03:38:15 Bill Brettle did opine:

> Thankyou both
>
> First, the LOW on pin 1 was 0v sorry to muddy the waters.
>
> Second, I corrected the "-out-invert" problem now I get this Error
> message "Debug file information:
> Can not find -sec MOT -var MOT -num 1
> Can not find -sec IO -var IO -num 1
> Can not find -sec LINUXCNC -var NML_FILE -num 1
> Can not find -sec EMC -var NML_FILE -num 1
> BillsMill.hal:24: setp requires 2 arguments, 1 given

Humm, do you as the linuxcnc user, have write perms in the
linuxcnc/config/BillsMill directory tree?  I don't recall ever seeing an
error like that.

Yes, setp needs a pin or parameter argument first, then a value to set it
at.  Can be true/false or a floating point value depending on the pin or
parameter you are setting.  Some pins only exist as parameters as has been
pointed out.

> 6953
>   PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND"
>
> What does all this mean?
>
> Third, I have included the line net
> "Xhome parport.0.pin-10-in=> axis.0.home-sw-in axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in
> axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in"
>
> Is this OK?

If all switches are NO and wired in parallel so they close when touched, or
all switches are NC and wired in series so the chain opens when touched, it
should just work.  You will need a voltage feed to set the logic when they
operate of course. With a current limit, say a 4.7k resistor.

> Stepper configuration article says this:
> "### Shared home switches all on one parallel port pin?
> ### that's ok, hook the same signal to all the axes, but be sure to
> ### set HOME_IS_SHARED and HOME_SEQUENCE in the ini file.  See the
> ### user manual!"
>
> Is this necessary ? if so, where and what do I enter in my .ini?

Yes, generally speaking. That way the home search sequence is done in the
order specified.  Just like the manual says.

> Hope I'm making sense
>
> Regards Bill
>
> PS Gene, Hows the back going, any news on the op.? B

Gah, a top poster.  I'm fat, dumb and unhappy till next Tuesday afternoon
when I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon to discuss it.

> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 11:51 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 April 2014 09:28:28 Bill Brettle did opine:
> > > Hi again everyone
> > >
> > >  Pin No. 01 on my BOB is enable, and unless it is on HIGH the motion
> > >
> > > commands are blocked, I've discovered that the input from the
> > > computer on this pin is 5v (ie HIGH) but the BOB inverts this so
> > > that the output is about 2v (ie Low) so what I now want to do is to
> > > invert the output from the computer.
> >
> > First off, if its only going down to 2 volts, you have a hardware
> > problem. A fairly serious, something is trying to pull it up, and may
> > have already blown that gate on your BOB.  Maker and model of the
> > BOB?
> >
> > Second off "setp parport.0.pin-#-out-invert" in your .hal file will do
> > the inversion.
> >
> > > There are some example on how to do this in an LCNC
> > > document titled Stepper Configuration. (with part of that document
> > > Attached) When I put that into my HAL file I get an error message as
> > > shown on the top line of that attachment.
> > >
> > > I have the opposite problem with my spindle which turns on when I
> > > start the program and turns off at an M3 Code.
> >
> > Apply that same setp to the parport pin that enables the spindle.
> > IOW your setp parport.0.pin-9-invert TRUE becomes
> > setp parport.0.pin-9-out-invert TRUE
> >
> > Same syntax for its pin 1
> >
> > > Until I get this sorted out I can't sort out the other problems.
> > >
> > > I have included my .HAL and .INI files. As an ex Architect, ex
> > > Pastor, and ex Taxi Driver, I'm pretty much out of my depth, so
> > > could someone please check these to make sure that I'm not making a
> > > complete mash of them.
> > >
> > > Regards Bill
> >
> > You also have 4 stepgens configured in your .hal file, but only 3 in
> > your .ini file.  That likely will cause errors when you get that far.
> >
> > And, are you sure that the stepgen config is correct?

> > We normally call that A/B/Z where A&B have a 90 degree relationship
> > looking something like 2 square waves, out of time by half the period
> > of the wave at each logic level. Z is only active during the once per
> > revolution index pulse.

> > Cheers, Gene
> > --

> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)