I think this could be done as a geared solution, if you could work
from a phase locked (to 50hz) clock at some higher rate, and use that
as the encoder signal, and the 50hz as a trigger to g76 with suitable
parameters it would then be synchronised and have a flyback (gate the
laser off then), or use g33 or play with the gearing that can be used
with hobbing, see http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Hobbing
(add any logic to suit).

Dave Caroline