On 24 April 2014 02:17, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> But, yes, a Mesa controller has a full sign/magnitude output
> available.  I wasn't sure Florian was going to use a
> traditional controller and Hal for this.

I think there is some confusion here still.

The 7i39 needs three channels of PWM, one channel of PWM for each of
the motor phases. It is a mainly-dumb drive with all commutation
handled off-board in software.

The Mesa three-phase-pwm is capable of providing 6 channels to drive
every gate of the 3-phase bridge directly (with shoot-through
prevention set by a parameter to the PWM generator)
 In the case of the 7i39 this is reduced to 3 channels to reduce pin
usage and shoot-through inhibition is in hardware.
I can't recall which scheme it uses to do this, whether it is 50%=0 or
something else.
--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.