On 04/23/2014 09:07 AM, Florian Rist wrote:
> Hi Jon

>>> Ah, I see that would make thinks much easier.
>> You COULD, in theory, run it with just the Direction signal in
>> synchronous antiphase mode, but this may cause the
>> filter inductors (and maybe the motor, too) to run hot.
>> Our servo amp was designed to run in sign-magnitude mode.
>> That only takes TWO signals, PWM and Direction.
> Hmm, by looking at the 'H-Bridge Secrets' [1] article by Andras Tantos
> I think I got an idea what the two different modes of operation are.
> (The article is on DC motors, but I seams to be more or less clear what
> it means on the phase BLDC drivers.)
>
> But I don't see how the mode of operation makes a difference regarding
> my synchronisation problem. What do I miss?

Andy Pugh suggested you could run my PWM servo amps with
just ONE
wire/output pin.  That is what I was referring to, and that
two wires
would be better.  With sign/magnitude control, there is no
output
until the PWM signal has pulses on it (ie. when power is
needed to
move the motor).  With synchronous antiphase,  both sides of the
full-bridge are cycling at 50% duty cycle all the time, ramping
triangle-wave currents through the motor windings.

As for the synchronization part of your question, I didn't
have any
comment on that.  But, I think it might be fairly simple to rig
up suitable functions with standard HAL components that can
do what you need.  Probably there'd be the PID component,
but I don't understand the rest of the requirement enough
to say more.

Jon