Seb - How do you respond so fast?!

The love controller has a -995 option, which is RS232.  But, there are 2
controllers and there's no addressing for the rs-232 version from what I
saw.  I thought maybe you could daisy chain them, but seems you can only
address the RS-485 version.

On the Automation direct GS2 VFD, that was nice because it had a rs-485 or
rs-232 option selectable.

PS - what reader do you use for this mailing list to get the ">" inserted?
I simply have been using gmail and recall posts a long time ago on better
readers, but I couldn't find it when I searched?  Also, I think one of the
reader will keep the posts in one thread.

Thanks,
Mark

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Advantech/ADAM-4561-CE/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhMyuR96x%252bdp4DnBDFhtESzKcpNyIUxvYPu1PngEfDtkA%3d%3d

> I thought maybe someone would have a suggestion?  Might the mesa smart
> serial RS-422 be able to work someway?

A lot of modbus devices will accept RS232.  I run modbus from LinuxCNC
to a couple of VFDs over USB-to-RS232 adapters, inexpensive & works great.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky