Is there a feature in Master that you need to run?

When I'm not sure if I touched off correctly I do a chicken check by
jogging the tool to a point I know what the DRO should read and see if
the DRO is correct.

AFAIK machine limits are in machine units and it won't matter if your in
G7 or G8.

As I said before as you type in the first number in the touch off box it
immediately tells you if your in diameter or radius mode on the next
line below the box where you enter the number. You can also look at the
Active G-Codes: box and see if your in G7 or G8 and if your not where
you expect change it in the MDI Command.

JT