On Monday 11 May 2015 15:19:13 John Thornton wrote:
> Executing a G20/21 does not affect the DRO in Axis...
>
> JT

True John.  Axis shows the result in inches, or millimeters, as selected
by view mode, independently of the machine mode.

But this is one of those days I shouldn't have chewed thru the straps to
get up.  Before I was anywhere near done, the backgear in the headstock
started squawling someplace internally.  I knew there was a bent shaft
as that was obvious from the cyclic gear noises, but this was a dry
bearing (or lack of a bearing) as it was just as noisy in neutral, so
pumped about 2 cups of vactra thru it, made no effect on the noise, so I
picked up the horn & gave LMS some CC numbers for a new, complete,
headstock, about $130 in an "if it fits it ships" USPS box. And so it
will sit until that arrives, and I transfer the chuck, with the
workpiece still mounted, to the new spindle, along with the timing belt
pulley used for input.  Roger said I should have it by Friday.

The SDD arrived today, along with a new PSU, but that may wait till it
crashes again as it has not crashed since I reformatted the drive &
installed the new hybride-binary image. They can sit on the shelf as
spares till then.  In the meantime, backups by amanda have been resumed,
so I'll have the ability to recover to the state it was in at about 2:30
each morning.

Tomorrow afternoon, Orkin will be here at 13:00 to see what sort of an
insect infestation I have in the deck substructure & give me a price to
do that building like the house, with a full perimeter of protection.
UNK if he can get to enough of it on the back ppty line though.  Too
much fencing, but they have a couple dogs I don't want to hurt.

Thanks for the help.