On Monday 11 May 2015 06:52:26 John Thornton wrote:
> Is there a feature in Master that you need to run?
>
> When I'm not sure if I touched off correctly I do a chicken check by
> jogging the tool to a point I know what the DRO should read and see if
> the DRO is correct.
>
> AFAIK machine limits are in machine units and it won't matter if your
> in G7 or G8.
>
> As I said before as you type in the first number in the touch off box
> it immediately tells you if your in diameter or radius mode on the
> next line below the box where you enter the number. You can also look
> at the Active G-Codes: box and see if your in G7 or G8 and if your not
> where you expect change it in the MDI Command.
>
> JT

This part seem to be true John, but I just ran into another foible that I
would consider a (144 point type here please) HUGE BUG.

To wit: On looking at the mdi screens mode readout it said I was in mode
G20, inches IOW. Adding a G21 to my code and reloading my code DID NOT
EFFECT the MDI displayed G20!  So its no wonder it thought a .3mm move
out, to 32.6mm was out of bounds, it thought I was in INCHes, G20 mode.
Can even Stuarts big Cinnci fella do that?

Changing it from the F5/MDI screen seems to work, at least that registers
in the modes in affect box. but does that carry over to the F3/manual
screen?  I am about to find out, but if the interpreter isn't doing the
G20-G21 switches, maybe its not doing the G7/G8 switch either?

Do I have to execute, step the program to achieve that mode switch?  I'll
change it back from the MDI screen and find out.  Back later. Yes,
stepping it till the spindle starts sets it correctly.

Got to look it up as this particular ini file has no default setup line
in it, and that could well explain some of the expensive gotchas I am
running into.  Later guys.  Thanks for looking over my shoulder & trying
to suppress the laughter, probably unsuccessfully. :)