On 12/13/2015 09:21 AM, Jim Craig wrote:
> It has one feature that I would like, a ruby stylus.

It has one feature that I like.  The $25 replacement ruby tip probe is
half the price of the replacement probe tip for the Haimer Zero Master.
They should either sell the replacement probes in packs of a dozen for
$100, or give away the Haimer to ensure future sales of the delicate probe$.

The http://deepgroove1.com page made a big deal out of the high tech
contact material that allows more switch contact operations before
carbon buildup results in switch failure on their probe.  If we wired
probes with three wires (+V, COM, and the probe signal) instead of just
two wires for switch contacts, we could have some active electronics in
the probe and use some optical or capacitive or inductive non-contact
method to generate the probe signal without any contact degradation.