I have no idea where it is made but the one from Tormach is well finished,
uses standard probe tips and I've been reasonably happy with mine.
See http://www.tormach.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=32309

To answer another's point, I have made replacement tips for mine using 3mm
carbide rod and a 5mm ball bearing. Cost is only a few dollars and they bend
less than the commercial ones. See
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormach-personal-cnc-mill/282272-passive-probe
-accuracy-issue.html for an enlightening discussion of the bending problem.