Except for underground rural power where every house has a pad mounted
transformer due to the distance between houses (I love the distance).

I bonded the neutral to the ground at both panels in the shop/garage and
the panel at the house. I have ground rods at the house and shop/garage.
The panels are back to back in the shop/garage and both are connected to
the ground rod just outside the shop/garage. I was told this is correct...

JT