Gene,
Never ever wrap static sensitive semiconductors in foil.  The point of the
pink or black antistatic materials is to 'slowly' conduct the energy from
the device or your fingers.  Foil is a great conductor and you are more
likely to damage them wrapping them in foil than just handling them with
your bare fingers.
It's the speed of the transition that causes the heat that causes the
internal structure to be damaged.
Not that plastic tape is good.  But foil is a no-no.
John