With about 95% certainty, all the milacron, lathes and machining
centers, the ball nuts all sit in and bolt to the mounting block ( we
have at least a dozen Cincinnati Milacron machines, mix of lathes and
mills, from 1978 to 1996, and they all have the same configuration, and
I have worked on all of them). Usually 4-6 bolts on both the block and
the nut cartridge.

Rick

On 2/26/2016 11:39 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 02/26/2016 08:00 AM, Forum Deswysen wrote:
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5hmBjm5ot8NSDhCTmpsWkk3aVU
>>

> This 3rd picture seems to show you indicating you can rock
> the screw forward/backward by 10 degrees.  This would seem
> to indicate wear and looseness in the ballnut, or possibly
> in the mounting of the nut.  it appears the block the nut
> sits in is NOT the actual ballnut, but a mount for it.  So,
> you might see if the ballnut is no longer firmly mounted
> inside that mount.  Some nuts are threaded on the outside,
> and screw into a threaded hole in the mounting block. Then,
> there needs to be something that locks the nut into the mount.
>
> Others are bolted to the mount.  These bolts could have
> loosened, possibly by stretching.  if loose, you might
> replace the bolts.
>
> Jon

Thanks

Rick Lair