On 4 May 2016 at 02:38, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
> OH WELL, there you have it!  A 16 A triac in a 40 A labeled
> SSR!  If there's one bogus thing in a device, you can depend
> on the WHOLE thing having bogus engineering.

Here is an analysis of one from bigclive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEhxjvifyY
Though mine did not have any potting resin in it, either.

From what I can gather Fotek are a reasonably reputable company, but
are being heavily counterfeited. The fact that mine were constructed
differently from the one in the video rather suggests that mine are
counterfeit, even if the one in the video isn't. The one in the video
is 100% over-rated, whereas mine was 150% over-rated.

Not that that actually explains the failure. The devices have not been
asked to pass more than 2A so far.

--
atp
lunatics."