I understand the computational requirements are not stressful, but I
know some have management issues.

Right now I have a old Dell computer with one of the chipsets
specifically listed as "bad".  I'm running Linux RT and LinuxCNC 2.7.4
with a 7i92 card but the latency report is pretty high.  I don't have
any love for this PC anyhow.  Had it crash once, may be going south
anyhow.   Wanna get a small SSHD too.

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FixingSMIIssues

I went to Fry's looking for their "clearance computers" and there was an
HP 5700 and Lenovo M57 and an M58.  Looked 'em up, that's Intel Q963
Express and  Intel Q35 chipset respectively.

But the above URL says all the new Intel chipsets have SMI which may
cause latency problems.

Anybody experienced opinions on this?

Danny