> > I have an old server intel Xeon, it is used as a server and I did not try
> > real time kernel yet.
>

> I have been running an old Xeon server on my lathe for several years now.
> It's just about OK for latency, but does need the SMI tweak or it throws in
> a big one every 64 seconds.

That's certainly valuable information. Once every 64 seconds or once every
second is equally bad just harder to find.

For stepper generations I have chosen a modification so that positions are sent
and then receive FIFO is possible. As is now it allows for one full period of
jitter and it seems to work really well. The steppers are just a small
sidetrack for me so it would probably be a few weeks before I could finnish it
off. The same approach should work equally for servos and as soon as I get a
few hours I will try my servos with same approach.

Nicklas Karlsson