On 7 May 2016 at 09:39, Nicklas Karlsson <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have an old server intel Xeon, it is used as a server and I did not try
> real time kernel yet.

I have been running an old Xeon server on my lathe for several years now.
It's just about OK for latency, but does need the SMI tweak or it throws in
a big one every 64 seconds. This is an old dual-CPU P3 Xeon in a 1U case.
No point using one of those now that Mini-itx boards exist.

--
atp
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed