Greetings all;

I installed the X ball screw for a test fit last night, and found its
going to be another grand modification to even get a nema 23 motor on
the rear to clear the rear of the back carriage cover, unless I remove
the whole thing, it will hit the face of a direct drive motor. Taking it
off would expose the ball screw to every bit of grit and swarf thrown
off by a cutting tool as if it was magnetized.  The problem is the cover
is too long as it was intended to cover the OEM screw all the way to the
taper jig anchor in the center of its follow carriage. So I am going to
have to conjure up something shorter for that cover.  Or hang the motor
about 8" out over empty space.  I did that, about 5" worth on the little
monster, and experience since has said that was not one of my better
ideas.

If anyone has links to pix I can steal ideas from, plz post them.

Thanks folks.