Hello,

We are working on a retrofit for a Mori Seiki SL-0 CNC lathe.
The original X/Z axis servo drives are Fanuc analog.
They work in velocity mode with external frequency to voltage conversion
embedded in the original CNC controller.
We would like to replace the controller with a Mesa 7i48/6i24 combination.
We plan to use one pulse encoder input to make the frequency to voltage
conversion and generate the velocity feedback for the drive.
See attached diagram.

Anyone having success with similar setup? Does it make sense?
Do we have to anticipate specific stability problem in the closed loop?

Thanks.
Frederic (http://blog.f1oat.org/)