On Tuesday 20 September 2016 13:53:17 Andy Pugh wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 03:00, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> >> I have the hob to make T5 pulleys.
> >
> > Yeah, but my GMC doesn't have pontoons and paddlewheels. ;-)
>
> You could send a drawing, but I think that my turnaround time would be
> a problem as I am in Turkey until the weekend and probably wouldn't
> get started until the weekend after.

And I am the legendary big dummy when it comes to cad/cam stuff. I just
take, or make a swag as to the size & cut it there, so I can make the
hub, and I can bore the pulley for a tight press fit on the hub. ATM I
need my bandsaw back amoung the living. Chicken v egg as I need to saw
about a half inch thick piece off a block of 7075-T651 as a starter
piece to take to the mill.  And I'm not going to try that with a 2.75
inch hole in the table around the blade, nor am I going to wreck another
Woodslicer blade trying.  I have a genuine hacksaw blade coming, finer
teeth so less grabiness I hope.

So today I'm working on the box for the BoB and motor electronics, looks
like hell as it was out in the weather for at least 40 years before I
acquired it 5 or 6 years ago, but when closed, its swarf proof, so it
can be hung on the back of this Sheldons "stand".  Wired up enough to at
least see the power led on the BoB light up.  Next I bring the computer
and monitor down from the shop, adjust the networking config for fixed
ip, then copy TLM's config en-mass to that box & see what I have to do
to the .ini and .hal files to make it run stuff.  And at some point,
I've a new, all leds shop light that I need to hang over it.  That will
be a Rube Goldberg rig as I either put some pipe stands off the lathe to
hold a cross beam, or put some sheet metal hangdowns off the garage door
trackage so the under lever of the door opener can pass above it. The
lathe is sitting about 18" inside the closed door and the door has to
pass thru the "tunnel". I am inclined to think pipe stands as that will
also let me build a place for the computer & monitor that should be high
enough most of the swarf will miss it.

I intend to get x&z moving before I swap the motor out and I've not found
a good place for the spindle invertor yet.  The box with the rest of the
electronics doesn't have enough room for it.

And I've rattled long enough, I need to go see what the mailman has
brought me today.

Thanks Andy.