Gene wrote:

>The ball end wouldn't be the tool for the job as the bottom of the gullet has
>sharp corners except for the OEM belt of a 7x12. And there >are 2 common face
>angles in >use and I've not the memory to quote whether its 14.5 degrees or 20
>degrees for the face angle per belt tooth style.

>Bigger than xl is probaqbly 20 degrees but that leads to belt hopping if not
>tighter than a drum so I'd assume its 14.5 on the xl as they will rip the
>teeth off the backing >before they'll hop a tooth, assuming the shaft centers
>can't flex.

Absolutely no experience with timing pulleys here :-), and of course from that
perspective it's always "how hard can it be?"

No cnc abuse in this video just a lot of old British iron, but where do you get
the tooth profiles from? "You can see the belt manufactures details or get the
profile for the cutter by curving the belt to the required diameter.?" (from
the comments below the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCiujbcrQzc

This fellow just drilled some holes, but since he glibly points out that in his
case it was pure math to decide drill size and spacing, it *must* be OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJaacHN-A0Y

I posted this without a thought to the serious matter at hand, and just hope it
brightens up your day.

Martin

lists.sourceforge.net
This list is for users of the Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC). Topics include
how to obtain, install, configure, and use EMC, as well as other general EMC
related ...