I'm surprised you can cut XL pulleys with a hob.   It does not look like
the teeth are right for that to work.    If I had to make an XL pulley from
scratch, I'd guess the best way would be to use a 4-axis machine and a
ball-end mill.   That is one reason I'm wanting to add a motor to my rotary
table.  I have a number of small wheels and the like I want to make.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Andy Pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 03:00, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
>

> >> I have the hob to make T5 pulleys.
> >
> > Yeah, but my GMC doesn't have pontoons and paddlewheels. ;-)
>
> You could send a drawing, but I think that my turnaround time would be a
> problem as I am in Turkey until the weekend and probably wouldn't get
> started until the weekend after.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California