i'm looking at a renishaw MP10 IR probe
iv'e posted some snipps of what i am , ( or better think i am ) getting as
an output

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kwjxef6k4ptbhhb/AABdCLSjzypH574XoXJv_it3a?dl=0

it looks to me all it's doing is giving a constant mark space ratio , and
stopping on a probe hit  , surely it cant be that simple , or could it
i must admit at this point , i have not dug anydeeper as yet , or really
looked to see if i can find any data , but it's very obvious everything
stops on a hit

i was expecting some data or id and say battery condition , but just early
days
found i had a better signal using a 1838 ir that a qse159 but i may need
some better signal conditioning at the moment

On 28 September 2016 at 02:01, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 September 2016 13:19:49 Jon Elson wrote:

> > > I'd have to say you could, but these machines are generators of a
> > > large amount of magnetic noise. So I'd say not magnetically coupled,
> > > but radio coupled just to get above the frequency of the machines
> > > own noises.
> >
> > Yes, it seems Blum and Renishaw have moved to RF
> > communication, and seem to be in the 800 MHz to GHz bands!
> > I guess the problem is no matter where you put the IR
> > transceiver, somebody would end up putting an obstruction in
> > the way, and then you break the probe tip. I did rig the
> > loss of signal watchdog to stop the machine, and it seems
> > like a really good idea.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> We are in what I've been known to call violent agreement on that point
> Jon. I recall now, about 2 years back, Dee  buzzed me on the intercom
> thats part of our basket of wireless phones here, in a total panic,
> wanted fresh batteries in the remote as she was missing one of her fav
> game shows.  On my arrival with a pocketfull of batteries, the first
> thing I noticed was she had set something in front of the tv's IR
> window.  I reached over and handed it back to her & told her to try it
> again.  Of course it worked, much to her amazement, it had never been
> grokked that if she couldn't see that window, she didn't have a remote.
> OTOH, she had cataracts removed from both eyes since, and its entirely
> possible she could not see that little black square in the bottom of the
> black face frame.  She sure can now.

> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised
use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly
forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses
prior to leaving the RcTechnix network. RcTechnix will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration
of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on.

RcTechnix reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages being
sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or
detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring effective
operation.

(c) RcTechnix