I have used xbee modules before for wireless point to point
communication. Works well and pretty simple to use.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/XB24-AWI-001/XB24-AWI-001-ND/935965?WT.mc_id=IQ_7595_G_pla935965&wt.srch=1&wt.medium=cpc&WT.srch=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwsai_BRC30KH347fjksoBEiQAoiaqsYm-WHZ4nBp_CZFsky8FzKPdtgjM_CXUeXLqlWbNCqMaAsF68P8HAQ