On Wednesday 11 January 2017 12:18:54 Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

> Yes it is way to slow, hardware counters are cheap and work well, do
> you have them in you PI board?

This is my first pi project,its a raspi 3b, and I am learning as I go
while I bring this machine to life.

ATM its sitting there, with the back gear engaged, belts in lowest gear,
turning at about 1/2 an rps as the vfd is sitting at about 20.5 HZ. More
to put time on a minmax looking for some huge bursts of speed from .5
rps, to 25k revs either way.  I hope I have that fixed, and that all I
have to do with the x/z steppers when I finally bring those up, is more
of the same that seems to have been the magic twinky to shut the vfd up.

First time I've ever had to deal with an spi bus thats running at
32Megabaud when the noise from the switching psu, or the driver itself
is at 32megabaud, and the noise bouncing around is at 50 to 150
megahertz. 3 volt p-p buss, noise is faster than the buss and 6 volts or
more p-p...

It certainly enforces the idea of a single point ground, with BIG, Wide
conductors.  So far , thats working.