On 3 February 2017 at 13:25, TJoseph Powderly <tjt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> until
> i read the price... 62Euro!?

Stolen from someone else's web site:

"A terrifying ordeal

Much as one might try (and I did!), it is virtually impossible to cut
a thread in Ti using a tap.

This led to several problems with the M2X0.4 bolt threads in the rods.
I don’t have a an M2X0.4 threadmill, there hasn’t been one on EBay in
over 2 years, they cost about 130 quid new, the shank is so bloody
thin it looks like it would break as soon as it touched anything and
.... the FP2 won’t do helical interpolation in the Y axis / horizontal
spindle. I had to bite the bullet and order a threadmill from Isacr in
the end. I then had to sit down and write a section in the post
processor to take care if the helical interpolation in different tool
planes. To see that tiny cutter disappearing up a 1.6mm hole for the
first time was indeed a terrifying ordeal!"

--
atp
lunatics."