On 06/03/2017 01:08 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> 5mv? 4 amp box, haven't had a problem.
>> And you do not see any red led on the pi blink then?
>> If yes, then you man need to add decoupling.
> Solid as a rock.

That should be fine then.

Something different:
I see that the hm2_rpspi module is added to the servo-thread. I am
wondering if the control-loop will be more stable if one of the ARM
cores is isolated and assigned specifically to the servo-thread.

I do not know the rtapi internals too well, so I'm wondering if CPU
affinity has been implemented in the code. For the Pi, it would probably
be a real-time advantage to have the servo-thread isolated on one core
and have the core for itself the whole time.

Has anybody done an implementation of affinity in linuxcnc already? If
yes, how is it setup?

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)