On 07/03/2017 03:02 PM, Les Newell wrote:
Aw hell, I've done it again. My fault. I didn't realize there were two sets of limits. My config was automatically converted to the new format and I didn't notice limits appear in two places now. When I changed my limits I ended up only changing the joint limits, not the axis limits.

I've been doing a good job of making myself look dumb these last few days.

Go easy on yourself! EMC was a fairly complicated piece of software when we took it over from NIST. It has grown quite a bit in complexity since then. Many deficiencies or limitations have been corrected by very sharp programming since then (HAL, Joints-axis and the new trajectory planner, for instance) but these have increased complexity. I was only competent in a small area of the code back then (mostly servo region) and work hard to just keep aware of what is new.

As for looking dumb, I have totally given up! I KNOW that what I don't know is out there for everybody to see, but I still get great use out of LinuxCNC, and HATS OFF to the guys who really know it so well!

Jon