On 08/09/2017 10:38 AM, Dan Bloomquist wrote:

I know how accurate this thing is. The idea is that I can start up without hunting switches.
Why is that such a big deal? LinuxCNC now can do all axes with the press of ONE button! I really don't see the need for exotic and possibly finicky sensors when a VERY simple switch will actually do the job BETTER! A lot of people who don't have encoder index to refine the accuracy report simple microswitches have a repeatability of about 0.003"

Jon